Maple Valley ArtWalk FAQs
What is the Maple Valley ArtWalk?
ArtWalk is a partnership between the Maple Valley Creative Arts Council and local small business owners. The first art walk took place in November 2014 with the idea of developing new venues for local artists to exhibit and sell artwork and to give local businesses an opportunity to support the local arts community.
When does ArtWalk happen?
Opening Kick-Off events are the first Wednesday evening every other month and artwork will be displayed for two months. Kick-Off Events begin at 6:00pm at one of the participating venues with a brief welcome and introduction to the artists and business owners in attendance. Then, we “walk” to the other venues to enjoy artwork in a variety of settings.
How do ARTISTS join ArtWalk?
- Email the ArtWalk coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org , and include the following information in your message:
- Contact info: phone, city, website, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Medium, style, brief description of artwork
- Photos of the artwork you would like to exhibit.
- MVCAC curates the artwork to match with the business owners' preferences and coordinates communication with the businesses
- After details are worked out regarding number of pieces, size, venue, etc. Jennifer will send the Artist a copy of the Artist Prospectus to be signed and returned.
- Art is installed a few days before the kick-off event and is displayed until the next rotation, unless it sells and arrangements are made for a replacement.
- Art sales will be paid directly to the artists for artwork sold during the 2 month rotation. It will be up to the artist to send the 25% art commission to MVCAC at the end of the rotation.
- There is no registration fee, however, each participating artist must be a current member of the MVCAC (annual membership starts at $25). CLICK HERE to become a member or renew your membership.
How do BUSINESSES join ArtWalk?
Please contact email@example.com.
Where are the ArtWalk venues?
Currently there are 3 businesses at 4Corners that display the art for two months at a time: Vintage Vino & Espresso, Eagle River Interiors, and Kirby Nelson Orthodontics.